Want to increase your sales now and throughout the year? Here’s a proven strategy, pay attention to trends! Your best prospects and clients are counting on you for the best advice and marketing help. Sharing promotional marketing ideas and promo merchandise that complements existing trends will show that you’re up on what ‘s happening now and can help to dramatically increase your sales!
Here are six popular trends that are driving sales now.
1. Renewed respect for the power of promotional merchandise. At one time promotional merchandise may have been considered a nice add on to a marketing campaign, these days popular brands consider it an essential to increase market share. Here’s an interesting statistic, according to PPAI, 85% of people who receive a promo item will do business with the advertiser. Big and small brands know the impact of promo and want to use it! People love receiving promo gifts, they keep them, they use them and they are appreciated across all generations. Share the effectiveness of promo with any skeptical prospects and increase your sales!
2. Promo used as a fashion statement or to show brand affinity. Many consumers like to show their brand affinity on the products they wear and carry! Iconic brands like Trader Joe’s, NPR and The New Yorker magazine have their logos on canvas totes as a way to for their loyal fans to announce to the world this is where I shop, what I read or what I value. Recently Dunkin (formerly Dunkin Donuts) launched their branded merch line with a contest on the popular social media platform Tik Tok. Your best prospects and clients have their own loyal fans. Never miss the opportunity to share brand affinity ideas with them.
3. Made in the USA. The war in Ukraine, supply chain issues and global health concerns has given renewed interest to our need to produce more goods Made in the USA. Many prospects and clients are aligned with that sentiment. Plus, when they purchase Made in the USA, they frequently have the added benefit of shorter lead times and products that are frequently produced in safer facilities and with better working conditions. Having a list of suppliers that produce products domestically and sharing those products with your prospects and clients can give your sales an added boost.
4. Eco-Friendly products. The renewed interest in our environment and the ban on plastic bags and other plastic containers in many communities is driving the need for more sustainable promo products. Many of our suppliers are answering the call with a plethora of eco-friendly products. Sharing those products with clients, especially those aligned with environmental issues, will show your commitment to a more sustainable world and can help increase sales.
5. Hybrid working. Hybrid working (working remotely and in the office) is a trend that is here to stay. Businesses need to make their hybrid workers feel connected and appreciated, and what better way than with promotional gifts! Gourmet food gifts, tech products and branded merch are proven to be popular and help build a sense of belonging when employees are working outside of the office. Sending kits for working at home and gifts to remote employees is a popular way to increase your promo sales.
6. Weddings as a Booming Market. Due to the pandemic, many weddings were postponed. This year the wedding market is booming and there are expected to be close to 2.5 million weddings according to the Wedding Report a trade group that gathers data for this market, with an average spend of close to 25K per wedding. This presents a tremendous opportunity for promo sales professionals to increase their sales in this burgeoning market. Items such as Wedding favors, bridesmaids gifts and wedding party decorations are just a few of the products you can provide!
These six trends are just the beginning. Pay attention to popular trends and you’re sure to increase your sales all year long! © 2022 Rosalie Marcus